Sunday, April 8, 2012

Designer Showcase

Carol here wishing you all a Happy Easter.
Hope you are having a beautiful and blessed day with your family and friends.

Today I have a little designer showcase for you.  
I wanted to share with you ways to find inspiration for titles on your layouts.

I love fun and unique titles and am always looking and listening for things that strike me.  
I also love to just say exactly what I think as a title.

As you might already know Pinterest is a wonderful place for inspiration.  
I love to search quotes and use them as titles.
Here are a few that I've used or am planning to use:









I used this last one on a layout using the April kit with my son Jack.
The statement was perfect for these fun pictures of him, poses that he struck himself without any coaching from me ;)




Another great resource is music.
I'm always listening.
I love the way music lyrics express things so beautifully that I just don't think of.

For instance, this layout using items from this months grab bag and kit.
I heard these words from a song, which I failed to note....my apologies, 
but I believe it was a Taylor Swift song.
When I heard them I knew they would be perfect for a Hawaii picture from my trip this last January.


The title is a little difficult to see here on line, but it says
 "I flew across the ocean to see what I could see"




Other great song lyrics that I've used are:

From the music of West Side Story (and also my daughters favorite movie)
"i feel pretty.....and I pity anyone who isn't me today"

From the movie Tangled
words my children were actually singing at the time ;)
"i've been dreaming of a true loves kiss"

Remember to write down the little things that your kids say.....those make the best titles in my opinion.


Sometimes there isn't a story or a reason behind a photo you want to scrap.
Sometimes it's "just because"

For me titles are a fun aspect to my design and I love coming up with clever and original ideas.
They are all around you, just keep your eyes and ears open.
And have fun!
**********************************
For this challenge I'd love for you to find a great title and use it.
Then share with us your layout and where you found your inspiration.
I'll draw a random winner to receive a small RAK from me in 2 weeks.
Post your work over at the forum.....here ;)


0 comments: