Saturday, May 12, 2012

Making Masculine Cards With The May Kit

My first impression of the May Kit was that it was very, very girly and feminine with all the pink and flowers. And for me that’s a big challenge: I have two boys, I work with men only, I live with men only – I’m in a man’s world. And because there are so many men in my life I need lots of masculine cards.

Over the years I have developed a skill in finding the masculine elements in almost every scrap collections and I’m going to share some of my ideas with you today in

How To Make Masculine Cards With The May Kit


Let’s start with sorting out the masculine papers in the kit:


Wow – that was a lot more than I expected! And the pins are perfect for masculine cards, too.



Card #1


Cut out some stripes with the measurement tape, but avoid the pink ones! Add them to a piece of the brown paper. I use 3D foam in a variation of thicknesses to give the card some depth. Then cut out some of the word squares, add on top as well as two pins. A little piece of twine gives interest, too.


Card #2



Did you notice the part in the paper which looks like a sheet for buttons? It’s perfect for a center piece on cards! I have made my buttons with a tool from Epiphany Craft to give them an epoxy surface, but you don’t need to. Simply cut out a tiny circle and poke holes in it.


Card #3



Black base card is never wrong for masculine cards. I printed the quote on the piece of papers before cutting out the shape – my printer can write on any size of paper and makes it easy to add quotes. Check out if yours have that option, too! Inking all paper edges with black ink, makes it even more masculine.


Card #4

Banners are hot in the scrapping world and super safe for masculine cards as long as you use masculine colors. Mine are simply stripes of papers in different sizes with different end shapes. Black ink and black borders from the kit gives the card the masculinity I wanted.


See? Making masculine cards are easy – it’s just a matter of exploring patterns and colors.

Why don’t you try? Have a close look at the kit – there are so many possibilities!

1 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

These cards are absolutely fabulous Hilde! Wow!!